Add new attachment

Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.

This page (revision-20) was last changed on 11-Aug-2011 16:10 by 189.106.141.224  

This page was created on 27-Apr-2006 16:31 by Jérôme Duprez

Only authorized users are allowed to rename pages.

Only authorized users are allowed to delete pages.

Difference between version and

At line 5 changed one line
|[Bug criticality]|SeriousBug
|[Bug criticality]|MediumBug
At line 7 changed one line
|[Bug status]|MediumBug
|[Bug status]|ClosedBug
At line 21 added 79 lines
----
Works perfectly on Tomcat 5.5.16 on OSX... It's probably a configuration, not an engine issue...
----
Yup. Tomcat 5.5. requires {{{URIEncoding="UTF-8"}}} in the proper Connector block of the server.xml file. For example, for the AJP 1.3 connector with Apache, it might say:
{{{
<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
<Connector port="8009" className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3"
connectionTimeOut="120000" acceptCount="200" maxThreads="250"
minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" URIEncoding="UTF-8">
<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>
</Connector>
}}}
Should be working now.
-- JanneJalkanen
-- [JDuprez] right, I configured this for my HTTP connector on 8080, and it worked. Thanks for the support.
Even if it turns out not to be a JSPWiki bug, it deserves some mention in the install documentation (I installed Tomcat out of the box on WinXP, default configuration really). OK I know your answer: ''feel free to edit the install page'' :o) Fine, I'll do that.
----
Update: I reopen this bug based on new info below. I lower severity though, as there truly is a workaround.
Functionally it appears as a regression between 2.2.33 and 2.4.0 : until I upgraded my Wiki engine to 2.4.0 it did not exhibit this problem regardless of the {{URIEncoding}} setting.
* To make sure, I have:
** removed the {{URIEncoding}} field from {{server.xml}}
** run two Wiki web apps (one jspWiki 2.2.33 and another jspWiki 2.4.0) in the same Tomcat instance
* they demonstrate different behavior:
** 2.4.0 exhibits the problem
** whereas 2.2.33 works fine
* when I specify {{URIEncoding="UTF-8"}}, both versions work fine.
If you have time to investigate this issue, it sure helps deployment that JSPWiki works without having to touch the JSP container settings - ease of installation and configuration is indeed one of the strong points of JSPWiki.
----
The reason why they are different is probably because you have enabled ShortViewURLConstructor on 2.4.0. Tomcat decodes paths using different rules than parameters...
-- JanneJalkanen
----
--JDuprez
Fair enough, sounds logical.
Note however, that I didn't explicitly specify this URL setting; here is the extract of my {{jspwiki.properties}}, related to {{URLConstructor}}. notice that everything is comented out (default setting):
{{{
#jspwiki.urlConstructor = DefaultURLConstructor
#jspwiki.urlConstructor = ShortViewURLConstructor
#jspwiki.shortURLConstructor.prefix = /wiki
}}}
Is {{ShortViewURLConstructor}} the default?
''Apologies for insistively following up. Strictly speaking, if you're right, this is not a bug report but a support request. Please let's keep the bug open until the reason is sorted out though...''
----
No, the DefaultURLConstructor is the default. What kind of URLs are you getting?
-- JanneJalkanen
-- JDuprez Well, the same as witnessed on this site when I reported this bug: [[JérômeDuprez] generates a link {{{http://localhost:8080/MyWiki/Edit.jsp?page=J%C3%A9r%C3%B4meDuprez}}}, to a page named {{{JÃRÃMeDuprez}}}.
To be honest I'm less concerned by this issue now that I've configured the {{{URIEncoding}}} flag on the couple of Tomcat instances I routinely use. I'll redo the test next time I upgrade the wikis engine version.
----
--Felipe Lauksas
Even when TomCat is configured, the accent's doesn't work in the page titles, the title is created without any characters that have any accent. The body text accents works perfectly.
Version Date Modified Size Author Changes ... Change note
20 11-Aug-2011 16:10 4.859 kB 189.106.141.224 to previous
19 11-Aug-2011 16:09 4.854 kB 189.106.141.224 to previous | to last
18 31-Mar-2007 19:11 4.645 kB HarryMetske to previous | to last bug closed
17 24-Feb-2007 02:56 4.641 kB MurrayAltheim to previous | to last removed noise
16 23-Feb-2007 22:59 4.679 kB ????Դ to previous | to last Comment by ????Դ
15 07-Jun-2006 16:45 4.641 kB Jerome Duprez to previous | to last
14 06-May-2006 19:22 4.201 kB Janne Jalkanen to previous | to last
13 05-May-2006 10:43 4.088 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
12 05-May-2006 09:26 3.429 kB Janne Jalkanen to previous | to last
11 04-May-2006 13:54 3.23 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
10 03-May-2006 14:44 2.337 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
9 29-Apr-2006 16:19 1.966 kB Janne Jalkanen to previous | to last
8 29-Apr-2006 16:10 1.183 kB Janne Jalkanen to previous | to last
7 29-Apr-2006 10:43 1.074 kB Janne Jalkanen to previous | to last
6 29-Apr-2006 10:43 1.078 kB Janne Jalkanen to previous | to last
5 28-Apr-2006 11:45 1.077 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
4 28-Apr-2006 11:44 1.026 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
3 27-Apr-2006 16:37 0.884 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
2 27-Apr-2006 16:35 0.882 kB Jérôme Duprez to previous | to last
1 27-Apr-2006 16:31 0.818 kB Jérôme Duprez to last
« This page (revision-20) was last changed on 11-Aug-2011 16:10 by 189.106.141.224