|Title|Copied pages do not index unless edited
|Date|24-Nov-2006 18:17:54 EET
|Version|2.4.71, 2.2.27
|Submitter|192.100.104.17
|[Bug criticality]|MediumBug
|Browser version|iE 6.0
|[Bug status]|ClosedBug
|[PageProvider] used|???
|Servlet Container|Tomcat 5.5
|Operating System|WinXP
|URL|(intranet -- no external link available)
|Java version|1.5

I've installed a fresh copy of 2.4.71 and set the install variables so they point reasonable and logical places.  The new wiki opens just fine, and naviogates just fine.  However, none of the pages that I copied into position can be searched.  If I edit them, they will show up, but I REALLY don't want to edit each page as a workaround.

I suspect Lucene, from what few pages I was able to glean information about this.

How can I re-scan pages so the wiki can search again?

Karl Hansen


----
I shut down the web server, deleted [[wikiname]/tmp/lucene, copied [[wikiname]/tmp/lucene from the old wiki to the new wiki, restarted the web server, and searching now works.  How can I reset lucene without copying?

Karl Hansen

----

If you modify the repository outside JSPWiki, the only way to force a reindex is to delete $workdir/lucene.

-- JanneJalkanen


----
I deleted the contents of lucene, not lucene itself.  Well, then I did when I copied the entire folder form the older wiki.  And that did seem to work.  I'll try again by deleting the lucene folder.

Also, the "referred by" did not report the pages referring to the current page.  When I deleted [[wikidir]/tmp/refmgr.ser the referring worked again.

-- KarlHansen

----
After [[stop/clearcache] renaming the lucene folder to lucene.x [[start] , I got this error:
{{{Error Message 
An unknown exception java.lang.NullPointerException was caught by Error.jsp. 
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException 
Place where detected: org.apache.jsp.Search_jsp._jspService(), line 111 
}}}
So I renamed it back.

-- KarlHansen

----
Various combinations of deleting and renaming folders and refmgrs did not work.  The only way I got this working was copying the lucene folder from the older wiki and deleting refmgr.ser.  Then everything seems to work.

-- KarlHansen

----

It's always safe to delete the contents of the entire work directory.  This will just cause a longer startup period.  But in case your db gets out of sync then you should delete the entire contents.

In theory JSPWiki can notice page changes, but we don't check for it that often.

-- JanneJalkanen

----
Seems to be solved.....

--HarryMetske