JUnit Test Performance#

Going from JSPWiki 2.8 to 3.0 I noticed a dramatic increase in time it takes to run the JUnit tests.
All tests were run :

  • from the cmdline ("ant tests")
  • on a low end laptop, 1GB memory, Intel Core Duo 1800 MHz processor.
  • Ubuntu Linux 8.10
  • Sun JRE 1.5.0.16

Case #Env.TweakNum testsTotal time
1JSPWiki-2.8 none9475 minutes 1 second
2JSPWiki-2.8 JUnit task attribute in build.xml
forkmode="once" maxmemory="512m"
9473 minutes 16 seconds
3JSPWiki-3.0 none104915 minutes 11 seconds
4JSPWiki-3.0 LoggerFactory c_isLog4jPresent = false
(no JMX Logger Objects)
104914 minutes 57 seconds
5JSPWiki-3.0 JUnit task attribute in build.xml
forkmode="once" maxmemory="512m"
10498 minutes 3 seconds
6JSPWiki-3.0 tweak 4 & 510497 minutes 46 seconds

It would require further analysis, but I suspect the most delay was introduced because we switched to Stripes.
The WikiContextFactory calls the Resolver to find all implementations of WikiActionBean.

Add new attachment

Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.
« This page (revision-1) was last changed on 15-Feb-2009 15:56 by Harry Metske