A pesky thing called freedom of speech
From BBC: German faces jail for 'ironic' remark.
This is a kind of problem that is really hard to avoid:
- Irony is easily lost on the Internet.
- There are plenty of morons on the Internet.
- In addition to morons, there are also lots of people on the internet who just are overly sensitive to anything you might say. And have no sense of irony at all.
- The police has to investigate every complaint, even anonymous ones.
- Germany has strong laws against hate speech (considering their history, who can blame them).
Each and every point is justifiable or just simply true in many good ways. It's just their combination that gets people into these kinds of situations.
Back to weblog
|"Main_blogentry_080103_1" last changed on 08-Jan-2003 16:00:02 EET by unknown.|
CommentsNo comments yet.